Centre for Communication and Change India (CCC-I)
The Centre for Communication and Change-India (CCC-I) was created in 2011 to ensure the availability of quality expertise in SBCC in India. CCC-I is registered as a trust, specializing in the development and implementation of strategic health communication programs and projects as well as capacity building for government and local organizations to design and implement strategic communication.
Each year, CCC-I conducts a ten-day regional Leadership in Strategic Health Communication workshop to build SBCC capacity in South Asia.
Current and Past Activities
- The review and documentation of risk communication activities during the 2009 A/H1N1 pandemic and the 2013 influenza outbreak in India.
- Study to assess and document good practices in risk communication during the 2009 A/H1N1 pandemic in three countries (India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka)
- Development of a HIV/AIDS SBCC strategy for Mauritius
- Development of a SBCC Digital Library of communication materials for UNICEF
- Pre-testing of pictorial health warnings of tobacco products for credibility, clarity and impact