The registration deadline for the 2020 International Social and Behavior Change Communication Summit is Feb. 21, less than four weeks away! The Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs is leading the group organizing the five-day gathering, which promises to be the biggest one yet. Looking for a few more reasons to join us in Marrakech, Morocco from March 30 to April 3?
Here are our Top 5:
- Immerse yourself in all the world of SBCC has to offer in just five days. There will be research presentations, skills-building workshops, multimedia sessions and more. Add to that dedicated space for youth, practitioners from Francophone countries and topic-specific lunch meetups. Hear from the best of the best in the field as they share their success stories and learn how you can adapt their work to your context. Get inspired.
- Connect with more than 1,500 people who live and breathe social and behavior change communication, just like you do. You’ll have the opportunity to network with people from more than 60 organizations including donors, ministry of health officials, practitioners and researchers. Browse booths, meet potential partners or just make a few new friends.
- Be part of shaping the future of the field. There will be space for gathering insights from what you learn, brainstorming big ideas and contributing to the 2020 Summit outcomes.
- It’s not just about health. While health features strongly in social and behavior change communication, exciting SBCC work is having an impact on climate crisis, food security, human rights, education and many of the other Sustainable Development Goals. What a great opportunity to learn from others outside your immediate field.
- Put a pin in a new destination on your world map. By locating this year’s Summit in Morocco, we are bringing the SBCC community to a new part of the globe in 2020. What better time to learn about the challenges and opportunities for change shaping this area of the world! Prior Summits were held in Ethiopia and Indonesia.
Oh, and it’s bound to be a lot of fun!